Welcome to The Complete HoldCo Course: A 5-step complete holding company course for HoldCo owners, business owners, and the aspiring, who want to leverage 25+ years of experience to make more money, pay less taxes, and have more free time with their HoldCo structure.
This course is built by and designed for…
Current HoldCo Owners
Existing HoldCo owners wanting to scale, improve operations or plan for a successful exit
Single business owner-operators who want to become a HoldCo owner
Aspiring HoldCo Owners
Aspiring HoldCo owners stepping towards buying your first company
Why a Holding Company Lifestyle
Until recently, there were only two ways to practice wealth-building: own and operate a company or be an investor.
Now, the concept of Holding Companies emerges as an appealing third path.
You can live an interesting life of parallel entrepreneurship in a Holding Company structure with multiple companies in your portfolio.
Instead of primarily focusing on operations or allocating capital, you get to do both for big rewards in your professional and personal lives.
45% of businesses in America are owned by the Silver Tsunami of Baby Boomers reaching retirement age needing to be sold.
Now is a perfect time to shift to owning your Holdco model.
If you've come across successful Holdco owners, you're likely looking at decades of experience and mentorship that have helped inform the business leaders' actions.
The Complete HoldCo Course is built based on 25+ years of experience from Michael Girdley building a $100M a year holding company.
By enrolling, you can expect to set up a plan to start, operate, grow & exit your HoldCo while enjoying direct access to industry expertise and community guidance.ENROLL NOW
Example Hiring Process
Get access to Michael Girdley's 14 steps to hiring. You'll gain a comprehensive understanding of the various stages, components and factors that are involved in his proven recruitment process when you enroll. Learn how to hire and retain A-players.GET ACCESS
Sample Lesson: What is a Holding Company?
Why should you attend this course?
- Select and Design the most effective HoldCo structure
- Operate your HoldCo efficiently with standardized playbooks
- Strategically manage your cash flow and minimize tax liability
- Unlock secrets to grow and scale your HoldCo
- Devise the best exit plan for your HoldCo
- Avoid the mistakes others have made and turn them into valuable lessons
What will you learn?
- Get a rock-solid foundation of the underlying principles & operations of HoldCos
- Learn the steps to structure and start your own HoldCo
- Examine proven playbooks and practices to operate a HoldCo
- Adopt different ways to grow your HoldCo
- Know the paths to exit your HoldCo and when to use them
- Apply tips and tricks to make your HoldCo a winner
- Determine if HoldCo ownership is right for you
Hi, I'm Michael Girdley.
I'm a business entrepreneur and investor. I'm currently the Chairman and co-founder of Dura Software, the second-largest software company in San Antonio, Texas. My Holding Company includes a variety of businesses including Codeup, Effectual Ventures (a venture studio), Red Runner Coffee, Near (a talent platform), and others.
I have enabled the creation of 1,000+ new tech jobs in the San Antonio area through entrepreneurial and leadership roles at numerous companies and nonprofits. As the ex-CEO of Alamo Fireworks, the largest consumer fireworks’ retailer in Texas, where I am Chairman of the Board, I was instrumental in transitioning my family business beyond the third generation and that was my launching pad to become a successful Holding Company owner.
I was named “Man of the Year” in 2015 by the San Antonio Business Journal. I live with my wife and kids in San Antonio, fueling the local startup ecosystem growth. I can be found on Twitter @girdley where I post frequently and on my personal website: girdley.com.
This course is for you if...
- You are a multi-business owner seeking effective strategies to leverage your time and optimize your legal, accounting and team of advisors
- You have the means to create and execute an actionable plan for your 10-year-vision
- You’re looking for a no BS solution on everything from the basics to the advanced
- You want to have access to a community of like-minded individuals with shared interests
This course is NOT for you if...
- You are starting out in entrepreneurship with no resources or experience
- You are a life-long employee
- You want a zero-risk lifestyle
- You are uncomfortable living the interesting "HoldCo" lifestyle
- You don’t have any capital or access to
- You don’t have the desire to start a business
- You don’t want to put the work in
Module 1: What is a Holding Company?
Module 2: Starting your HoldCo
Module 3: Operating your HoldCo
Module 4: Growing your HoldCo
Module 5: Exiting your HoldCo
Here's everything included in The Complete HoldCo Course:
5 Learning Modules
That will lead you step-by-step through the Complete Holding Company framework.
6 Tools and Exercises
To help you dig deeper into what you’re learning in the course and implement it into your own work.
1-Year Community Access
Allowing you to build and expand your network with like-minded business owners and investors.
1 Value-Packed Bonus
Giving you personal behind the scenes secrets on how successful businesses owners made it big.
What Other Business Owners Think of Michael Girdley's Approach
Everything you need to plan, start, operate and win with your own Holding Company.
The Complete HoldCo Course
✔ Access to The Complete HoldCo Course
✔ 1-year access to an exclusive Slack community of relevant and vetted HoldCo experts and peers. Michael Girdley answers your questions directly within 72 hours.
✔ 1-year long monthly group calls are included, in an "ask me anything" dynamic, during office hours
✔ Use of all actionable templates, guides, checklists and frameworks to build your step-by-step action plan to structure and operate your HoldCo
It’s time to establish YOUR HoldCo and become an allocator vs. an operator.
This is the one-stop shop to establish your HoldCo. Get everything you need to take your structure to the next level.
If you have any questions, or you would like to learn more, we’re always here to help. You can reach out to the Girdley team by sending an email to [email protected].I HAVE NO QUESTIONS, I WANT TO ENROLL